The 1970 by WAES
The world’s first plastic-free sneaker, made from 100% natural materials.
Handmade in Portugal from the softest full grain leather, this minimalist unisex silhouette is a classic reborn with minimal ecological impact.
Supple yet hard-wearing natural gum soles contain a unique microstructure of tiny air bubbles for unrivalled comfort.
Combined with our unique Infinite Cloud insoles which cushion the feet and provide extraordinarily softness these are the most comfortable shoes you’ll ever wear.
This plastic-free sneaker will make you question every established norm.
- 100% plastic-free
- Organic-Tanned Metal Free Leather Upper
- 100% Natural Lactae Hevea Rubber Sole
- Infinite Cloud latex insole for all day comfort
- Leather lined
- Hemp stitched and vegan conifer glue
- Promotes natural foot movement
- Handmade in Portugal
- Resole service
- Compostable at the end of life
- Premium design without the ecological price-tag
Join us in changing the way shoe manufacturing is considered and help bring 100% natural shoe production to life. This is a men’s or a women’s shoe built from the sole up with sustainability as our primary focus.
Free UK and EU delivery.